This being a kinda lazy Saturday, I decided to use some scrap pieces and make some string quilt blocks. I did these on muslin foundation squares that I cut 10" square. Since I have a 9.5" square ruler (the largest square ruler I own), my plan was to trim them to 9.5" and I did. That gave me a little bit of leeway for error. I did fine on three of the four blocks. Somehow on one of them I was "off" with one of the first two strips I put down and it didnt go to the edge of the muslin. Whew, thank goodness for some error room!
So here are my four blocks laid out. You will notice that I didn't measure the strips (on purpose) so it doesn't line up perfectly. I think it adds a little interest to the block. I ain't afraid of no quilt police! hehehehe.
Ahhh...nope, you can't tell which one I "messed up" on, now can you!