Fact two is that I really like the Drunkard's Path, AND I have the small AccuQuilt die for making it. That was my incentive.
So I got this foot:
It looks fairly plain. Honestly I saw it and said "How can that thing make any difference?" (fact: I still don't know "how")
So after it sat in the package a few days, I decided to pull it out and put it on the machine. I sat and sewed the first block:
Oops! that is as off as when I did it "my way."
So I re-read the package. (Ah, light bulb!) A while back I had bought a pair of long, curved tip tweezers because they were a great deal at two dollars. (Surely they will come in handy!)
I took out those tweezers, took another block and tried again. This time I got about an inch from the end (where your fingers start to get in the way) and used the tweezers to hold that final bit.
BINGO! it worked.
The edges lined up nicely, the curves are curvy, and the blocks ironed out well. And it was easy.
One of my dear friends said she couldn't get it to work out just right. I typed up what I did in an email and sent it to her. I hope she tries it this weekend to GREAT success.