Oops, I got lost there. Ha ha. I decided to fuse some fabric - well, actually I was fusing some solids for a quilt along that I plan on doing. I used up all of my Wonder Under -so I ordered more! But I had some Misty Fuse so I grabbed a couple of batik fabrics and put Misty Fuse on the back of them.
I have to tell you that I have issues with Misty Fuse. For me it is hard to cut due to the lack of a paper backing. My poor old eyes have a hard time focusing on it. There are some things I love about it also. if I mis-cut the Misty Fuse then I can either just add a bit along the edge OR if it is just a little too wide, I can fold it back on itself and it hardly makes it any thicker. You can't do that with paper backed fusibles -at least not easily. So really, the good outweighs the bad. Yeah, that MistyFuse is a good product.
So, I cut some birds with my die. **Today's tip: if you are die cutting pre-fused fabrics, where the fused pieces touch you will need a layer of release paper between them. Otherwise they will be VERY difficult to separate (ask me how I know!) ** Then I cut a thin wavy piece of pre-fused fabric for a branch. I got a background piece and fused them down. Ahhh..that feels good.,
Next I layered some tearaway/washaway embroidery stabilizer behind it. At the machine, I set up for a blanket stitch and outlined it all. Here it is:
My blanket stitch accuracy needs a little work, but I like the overall outcome. This will end up somewhere in a quilt I am sure.