If you are looking for my Colonial Needle blog hop post, it is HERE
Stars have been playing a big role on my machines lately. I have, of course, made several of the stack and cut ones for my QOV quilt. But then I changed gears a little and tried some other stars.
I got some machine embroidery(ME for short) files from Marjorie at Marjorie's Quilting Bee. She has some great ME files for sale in her shop.
Anyway, I decided to take a little "short cut" with some stars. So I cut some fabric and headed to the embroidery machine. Here are the ones I did so far:
Then I pulled out a wall hanging that I started ....... err..... a while ago. It didn't have any real plan or goal in mind, so I have never rushed to finish it. No, it still isn't finished BUT, Kelly, at I Have a Notion, is having a little "Bling your Thing" photo sharing thing going. So I decided to add my bling to the wallhanging.
I got out my clover mini iron (because I don't have the really cool tool Kelly used to set her crystals) and I got the hot set crystals (that I bought a couple of weeks ago on a whim.)
I looked at the hanging and said "The star could use some sparkle!" So I sparkled it.
As you can see, I haven't trimmed it yet. I may decide to add some borders too it. Only time will tell.