My dear friends and wonderful readers gave me such nice comments on my "Hills and Fields of Alabama" quilt that I decided to do another one. Today I started it. I got out the fabric and pressed it nice and smooth. Then I realized that I was all out of iron-on interfacing! GACK!!! I certainly didn't want to make a trip out in the heat to buy some more so I put on my thinking cap. I have some Wonder Under; I have some batting. Ooh I have an idea, no, a PLAN.
I took the batting and cut a piece to the size of the cloth. I then cut some Wonder Under to match (slightly smaller) I fused it all together and hoped!
When I got to the machine and started sewing and couching down yarns, I realized that this works BETTER than the interfacing. yaay!
So I did a LOT of machine work on this today. Here is the beginning for you to see.