The current quilt on the agenda is a baby quilt. The person who commissioned it checked with the mother-to-be for colors and theme. The baby's room will be in mostly blue with white and a few red accents. So the quilt will be red white and blue. The room will have a nautical theme and anchors are a major design element.
I sat down with Electric Quilt and made up this design.
So now I have this creative mess in my living room - which is where I am sewing and cutting.
I took out the bobbin, cleaned the bobbin area and put in a nice new bobbin, as the other was almost empty. Just to be safe I used another hoop and just stabilizer to test it. More holes, no sewing.
So, I removed the embroidery unit. I tried straight stitching. Nope! I re-threaded and tried again. WHACK- the needle broke. (I am ready to scream and/or cry now!) I replaced the needle and the embroidery unit. I put the small hoop with just stabilizer back on and picked a simple design -and prayed. I pushed the start button....and it started embroidering.
I put the anchor design (still in the 5 by 7 hoop) back on and repositioned it once again. I hit start and watched constantly until it was finished. Whew! Apparently when the machine jammed previously, it bent the needle just enough that it wasn't noticeable to my eye - but the machine noticed. If it had only told me what was wrong! I have lots of new needles in my stash. Now I know and that is a good thing to remember.
When in doubt, re-thread, take out the bobbin and put it back in, clean the bobbin area while you have it open and (oh yes!) change the needle every few projects.
A little prayer never hurts either.
Have a great day,
My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.