Reason one is that I had plans to dye these warps. That is also why I used wool. I find wool much easier for me to dye.
So the two warps are now dyed and look amazing! Here is a photo but I am not sure it does justice to the colors and intensity.
In the top warp you can see that there were parts that didn't dye completely. The blue end had come un-chained. When I rechained it, the part that was inside showed more. I suspect this will happen randomly throughout the warp. The truth is that this makes me very happy. It will add more color and "sparkle" in the finished cloth. This should be very fun to weave once I get it on the loom.
I have recently used a skein of hand dyed cotton yarn that I got from Blazing Shuttles website to make a warp. That warp is on my loom right now.
This is the warp rolled onto the warp beam at the back of the loom.
I have more projects going than I have time to do...that is why my posting has been rather sporadic lately. I am thankful for those of you that still drop in to see what is happening AND for those who comment.
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.