I started with a plan. I cut lots of fabric in the size I expected to use for the entire quilt.
Then I started strip piecing sections to cut up and make a bargello/trip around the world type quilt. I had a few pieces that were pre-cut - and then after cutting LOTS of strips (and sewing some strip sets) there was a terrible discovery. The pre-cut strips were not uniformly cut. ARRRGH. Wait, no! I can deal with that - I don't have to have matching points. So the sections were completed. Some match, some don't and some places I switched to a half drop method.
The decision made early on was to make and quilt the quilt in sections - even though that would interrupt the pattern, it would finish the quilt more rapidly. We all know that there aren't enough hours in the day.
Then quilting was interrupted for a couple of days. Somehow my plan didn't get written down and --well, I have slept since then (meaning I forgot.)
So I sewed more sections and made some
Now let me chase this squirrel for a while longer.....
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in posts may be affiliate links for which I am compensated if you click through and purchase.